Friday 14 November 2008

WHAT I DO WHEN I'M NOT WRITING


'Night of Demons' is finally finished, which gives me at least a couple of weeks before my editor gets back. And I've already pointed out that I have plenty to do in that time. But one of the toughest aspects of being in the late stages of a novel is that you're not much inclined to read anybody else's. And curiously, I haven't read much horror in quite a while. I picked up a lot of those books, in the States. So my reading list from this point onward goes as follows:

Keepers -- Gary A. Braunbeck.

Nightwalker -- Jocelynn Drake.

The Deluge -- Mark Morris.

Rabid Growth -- James A. Moore.

The Scent of Shadows -- Vicki Petterson.

Tower Hill -- Sarah Pinborough.

Drake and Petterson are both fellow Eos authors, by the way. And then there's 'How to Make Monsters,' the new collection by Gary McMahon, one of my favourite new writers. And I must get around to reading one of Nancy Kilpatrick's vampire novels, which I understand are excellent.

No comments: